3 little known UK immigration programs that are easier, faster and cheaper to immigrate with – Part 1

…1 out of these 3 does not require proof of funds, IELTs or sponsorship.

The UK is already set to be a major hub for immigrants, and even become easier to migrate to. And the reason for this is simple.

Brexit. And recently, the Covid-19 Pandemic.

According to the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) of the UK back in 2019.

…there is an urgent need for skilled workers.

See screenshot below

Uk needs more foreign workers

It has been identified that local UK population cannot meet up with the demand for workers in some critical sectors.

That is why the UK have already announced several policies and immigration programs…
…that will make it even easier for foreigners all over the world to come live and work in the UK.

In this article, we will discuss 3 of such programs. They have relatively low and easy to meet requirements.

We will be discussing the procedure, requirements and eligibility in detail.

Out of these 3 programs, 2 require that you get a job offer before applying for visa. So we will so discuss how and where to look for jobs.

The third program does not require sponsorship, Proof of Funds, job offer or IELTs etc. Requirements which have served as a stumblong block for some persons who wish to immigrate

Surprisingly, not many people know about this third program. And also, many people who know about it run away from it because they do not understand how to meet these requirements.

In this article we will break down the requirements and show how to go about meeting them and getting the visa.

Out of these 3 programs, at least one of them will favour you:

  • If you want to relocate fast (in 6 months or less)
  • If you want a job waiting for you before you relocate
  • If you do not have proof of funds.
  • If you don’t want to relocate alone. You also want to go with your family.
  • Or if you want to relocate alone.
  •  If you are a Medical worker and you want to Japa as soon a possible.

This is an article and not a guide. So therefore it is to be expected it will not contain all the needed information.

However, it will be as detailed as any article can be.

Also, relevant links both from official and personally recommended sources will be given. So you can obtain complete and up to date information concerning these 3 programs

Immigration Program no 1…


Using this route, the major requirement is apply for a job classified under ‘shortage occupation’ and when you get the job,
you will be issued a visa by the government to come live and work in the UK.

In the UK, there are jobs in industries that are classified as “shortage occupation”. This means that there is a noticeable lack of available workers in these sectors, and there is a high demand for qualified workers there.

These jobs range from Medical doctors, nurses, electrical, civil, mechanical electronic engineers, cyber security specialists l, graphic designers, IT business analysts, programmers, Medical practitoners, secondary school teachers, social workers artists, dancers etc

Uk shortage occupation jobs screen shotUK shortage occupation jobs image

Above is a screenshot of the official website of the UK governement when it comes to issue of immigration.

It displays a list of some shortage occupation jobs.

There are a multitude of jobs cutting across different sectors. You can see the full list at:

You can apply for shortage occupation jobs using the following websites:


Or any other means online. Or if you know someone in the UK working in any of these sectors, they can apply for you.

When you get the job under “shortage occupation” all you need do is apply for the UK general Visa (tier 2). If you are going with your partner, he/she will apply as a spouse.

If you are going with your children, they will apply individually as dependants. This program only allow dependants outside of the UK who are below 18 years of age

Normally, if you are applying for the UK General Visa (Tier 2) one of the requirements is that you need to have £945 to support yourself for a month.

And close to £700 for each person you will be bringing with you. And you must prove that this money have been in your account for a period of 90 days before your application.

However, you do not need this proof of funds in your account if you get a job under the shortage occupation. This is because you will be given a Certificate of Sponsorship by your employer.

In that certificate, it will be stated that your employer is willing to give you the above amount if it is needed during the initial period of your stay in the UK. The employer will also give you other information you will require to apply. This certificate is essential if you are to get the Visa.

Not all employers are qualified to issue out Certificates of Sponsorship. Only employers fully approved as ‘A-Rated’ sponsor can issue you Certificates of sponsorships.

So, when you are applying for jobs, ensure that the company you are applying to is classified as ‘A-Rated sponsor’.

You can download latest list of A-Rated sponsors (employers) using this link:

You will require this certificate of sponsorship while applying for the visa and your employer will also help you in the application process.

The good thing is that you only apply for the visa after you get the job, 3 months before you are due to start work in the UK. The date you can start is stated in the Certificate of sponsorship

With this visa, you and your family can live and work in the UK for up to 5 years, extendable to a maximum of 6 years.

However, after 5 years of your stay in the UK you are qualified to apply for an Indefinite Leave of Remain (ILR) what is popularly known as Permanent Residency (PR). Which essentially means you enjoy almost all the benefits a UK citizen enjoy

And one year after getting your PR, you are eligible to apply for a UK citizenship, which will confer on you the same rights and privileges citizens of the UK enjoy in and outside the UK. You also have access to visa free travel to 184 countries in the world.

Here is why getting this visa is so easy, this type of visa is awarded using a points based system, to get the Visa you must get at least 70 points.

You are awarded points by considering several factors, but if you have a job which is classified among the shortage occupation, and you have gotten your certificate of sponsorship, you are automatically awarded 30 points.

If the pay of the job is above 30 000 pounds per annum or the same as standard salary for that job in the UK, you are awarded another 20 points which makes a total of 50 points. Getting extra 20 to make it 70 points is easy.

Another requirement is to prove your proficiency in English language. Which means you will have to write the IELTS or any other recommended English proficiency exam. You will need to score a 6.5 in each section.

However, there are certain categories of people who are exempted from taking the exams. One of such people are those whose Bachelors, Masters, or PHD degrees are recognized to be equivalent to the respective degrees in the UK.

This is done by the National Academic Recognition Information Center NARIC, UK.
Proof of proficiency in English gives 10 points automatically. Whether you write the IELTS or not.

There’s clearly a lot of information to learn about obtaining this type of Visa. You can learn more by visiting the official UK website

The bottom line of getting this visa is just find a job in the UK which is classified under “shortage occupation” and you will easily be granted Visa to relocate to the UK with your family.

Below are list of shortage occupation jobs.

Get full list at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

Did you get valuable  info from this post?

If yes, there’s even more coming.

In parts 2 and 3 we will discuss the other programs.

Visit back flin 14 hours for part 2.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *